Cabinet to be told to close schools for 3 weeks

Cabinet to be told to close schools for 3 weeks

The National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC) is predicted to advise the cupboard to shut all schools within the country for 3 weeks.

This was told by sources who attended a gathering chaired by the Deputy Minister of Basic Education, Reginah Mhaule on Wednesday night.

Motshekga is predicted to relay this to the cupboard on Thursday before an announcement is formed . That is, the matter are going to be finalised on thursday.

“What prevails now's three weeks on the table,” a source reportedly said.

According to the country’s two largest teachers’ unions – the South Africa n Democratic Teachers’ Union (Sadtu) and therefore the National Professional Teachers’ Organisation of South Africa (Naptosa), the await the Cabinet’s decision to announce the closure of the varsity or not is causing unease among teachers and pupils.

DOWNLOAD:  You’re the magic”- Bonang Matheba to Nomcebo

Sadtu and Naptosa, along side other unions, met with Motshekga last week to seek out how forward for schools during this pandemic period.

Following their discussion, Motshekga took their representations to the NCCC and therefore the Cabinet.

Sadtu general secretary Mugwena Maluleke said the unions were informed that Motshekga was still in meetings with Cabinet on Monday and Tuesday and that they are expecting a response from them.